Wednesday 16 July 2014

What's new off the wheel


 


It was so beautiful this afternoon I had to go out and grab a few minutes in the garden to spin. I have been given the most beautiful braid by my friend Elena Nodel (or Anadiomena as you may know from Ravelry) This beautiful Colour Adventures fiber known as Dreamer is a gorgeous mix of Super wash Merino and silk. It is like a soft airy cloud to spin.

 


 
 
 
 


I split the braid in half lengthwise and then split one of these halves in two.

These were spun end to end on the first bobbin giving longer bands of colour repeat.

The second half of the braid was then split into four and on the second bobbin each strip is spun end to end in the same colour order. I'm aiming for heavy fingering weight yarn, which will have some subtle striping.


 
 
 
Coming up: plying the yarn....
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment